Friday, January 25, 2008

Stimulated

$600! Wow, I'll try not to spend it all in one place like my kids' college or car payments, or my ever expanding ARM (wait, I don't have an ARM!). Bush is really coming to the rescue and the markets are starting to turn.....based on what? Have we seen any evidence that this economy will not slide into a recession. With home values down 25% over 2 years (worse in some areas) and people without ability to pay their loans, where is the spending going to come from? Even if those tax refunds were plowed right back into the economy (god forbid anybody save), it's only 100 billion dollars, a hiccup in total spending.

I continue to be amazed by the shortsightedness of this market and the irrationality of investors. I'll continue to do so when gold reaches $1,000 or even $1,100 and I short it into riches.

Be on the lookout Pats fans. The line has dropped 3 points this week and may fall to 10 or less. Don't forget, the Giants are gross.

No comments: